PRESENTATION (Click image below)
This webinar is to inform the healthcare professional about ways to educate their clients the importance of immunizing their children
Mark Sawyer, MD
UCSD School of Medicine
Rady Children's Hospital San Diego
WED. MAY 11TH, 2022
WEBINAR: VACCINES DURING PREGNANCY
Thu, Oct 21, 2021
11 AM - 12 Noon
This webinar is intended to help attendees continue to communicate with confidence about vaccines that are recommended for pregnant women, timing of administration, and the reassuring research that is available regarding use of these vaccines in pregnancy.
Thursday, October 21, 11 AM - 12 PM
• List recommended vaccines during pregnancy and know when to administer them
• Identify contraindicated vaccines in pregnancy
• Explain why recommended vaccines are well studied and safe
• Learn how to address vaccine hesitancy among the pregnant population
Kirstie Perrotta, MPH
Teratogen Information Specialist
WEBINAR: HPV VACCINE
A CANCER THRIVER GUEST SPEAKER
Wed, Sep 1, 2021
Moores Cancer Center at UCSD Health and The San Diego Immunization Coalition co-present HPV Vaccine, the second installment of the Cancer Vaccines Webinar Series.
This is a unique opportunity to hear from both a patient and provider on the importance of catching our kids up on all of their essential immunizations – including the cancer-preventing HPV vaccine. This webinar is open to any community member interested in learning more about HPV, the six cancers it can cause, and its preventability through early vaccination.
• Personal journey with the diagnosis and treatment of HPV-related anal cancer
• Clinical overview of HPV guidelines
• Strategies for clinicians and social service providers to increase HPV vaccinations in our community
• Question and answer session
Vi Nguyen, MD
HEPATITIS B VACCINE
Wed, July 28, 2021
Please note that SDIC does not endorse any specific vaccine brand. All ACIP-recommended vaccines are considered safe and effective.
The San Diego Immunization presents a 2-part webinar series on cancer vaccines.
In honor of World Hepatitis Day 2021, the first webinar will be on hepatitis B.
World Hepatitis Day takes places every year on July 28 bringing the world together under a single theme to raise awareness of the global burden of viral hepatitis and to influence real change. In 2021 the theme is Hepatitis Can’t Wait.
• Hepatitis B Disease
• Current Recommendations and Series Completion Rates
• The Science of Vaccines
• Hepatitis B Vaccine Adjuvants
• Real World Efficacy
• Special Populations with HIV and HCV
• Chronic Liver Disease
• Cost Considerations and Health Outcomes
Kelvin McKoy, MD, MBA
Regional Medical Director